The suspension of Sherri L. Worth, DDS, of Newport Beach, CA, will last until the Dental Board of California completes an investigation and issues a decision about alleged acts of negligence, alteration of dental records, and incompetence.
The dental board issued a 69-page "Fifth Amended Accusation" on February 1 that details 25 accusations. These accusations are centered on Dr. Worth's treatment of six patients and subsequent actions during 2007-2013. The accusations include the following:
- Six accusations of gross negligence
- Six accusations of repeated acts of negligence
- Five accusations of incompetence
- Two accusations of unprofessional conduct, defined as obtaining fee by fraud and misrepresentation
- Two accusations of fraud and misrepresentation
- One accusation of unprofessional conduct, defined as excessive prescribing
- One accusation of unprofessional conduct, defined as alteration of patient record with intent to deceive
- One accusation of excessive treatment
- One accusation of alteration of dental records
The agreement, signed by Dr. Worth, her attorney, and Shannon M. Brubaker, the deputy attorney general of California, states that Dr. Worth agrees to the interim suspension of her dental license to "save time and expense." By signing the agreement, Dr. Worth waives her right to a hearing.
In 2012, Dr. Worth paid a $641,542 award in a malpractice lawsuit following an arbitrator's finding that she did excessive preparation of 22 teeth, plus laser surgery, during a two-hour and 40-minute procedure on March 5, 2009. As a result, the patient, Ingrid Valdez, suffered irreversible pulpitis and nerve damage that required several root canals.
Dr. Worth has appeared on the Fox reality show "The Swan" as a featured cosmetic and reconstructive dentist. She has also appeared on "Larry King Live," "Access Hollywood," and other shows. She has been featured in magazines such as InStyle, Elle, and Men's Health, according to a report in the OC Weekly.
Copyright © 2017 DrBicuspid.com