Dr. Spivey was accused of not providing appropriate care for a patient in 2014 after multiple teeth extractions and temporary denture placement in Ocala, FL. In 2012, nine of his patients filed a complaint that he never refunded their money after charging them for dental work never done.
Dr. Spivey was found guilty by the board on the following counts:
- He failed to keep accurate dental records of the treatment provided.
- He failed to meet minimum standards in diagnosis and treatment after procedures.
- He delegated patient examination to a dental assistant.
- He delegated the adjustment of a denture to an unqualified assistant on multiple occasions.
- He failed to comply with a subpoena issued by the board.
Dr. Spivey was also fined $11,000 by the board, according to an article by the Ocala StarBanner.
Copyright © 2017 DrBicuspid.com