SmileDirectClub Teen uses the company's characteristic clear aligners but also provides features tailored to teens on its telehealth platform. It is designed to cost significantly less than traditional metal braces, according to Chief Global Brand Officer Josh Chapman.
SmileDirectClub is introducing SmileDirectClub Teen. Image courtesy of SmileDirectClub.
The program's unique features for teens include a patented aligner carrying case with built-in Bluetooth tracking powered by Tile to help teens find lost aligners using a smartphone. Other features include the following:
- Video chat appointments available seven days a week for no additional charge
- Automatic notifications to change aligners or conduct a doctor check-in sent to both parents and teens
- A protection program to replace lost or damaged aligners
- Six months of free teeth whitening
- A $25 Shopify gift card to use on SmileDirectClub oral healthcare products
- A choice between traditional aligners or nighttime-only aligners
SmileDirectClub Teen will launch on August 4 and is open to teenage patients with mild to moderate malocclusion. Interested patients (or parents) can book an in-person scan at a SmileDirectClub SmileShop or order a doctor-prescribed impression kit on the SmileDirectClub website.
Copyright © 2020 DrBicuspid.com