Here are the top 5 CAD/CAM stories of 2020:
- Study puts major intraoral scanner brands to the test
Overall, intraoral scanner brands couldn't compete when it came to the accuracy of single-tooth impressions. One made by Dentsply Sirona was the only one that came close, according to a study in the Journal of the American Dental Association.
- 3D-printed jaw changes cancer survivor's life
An oral cancer survivor in India regained his ability to eat solid foods after undergoing reconstruction surgery to place a 3D-printed titanium jaw, showcasing the benefits of this technology.
- 5 things we can expect from AI in the coming decade
The promise of artificial intelligence (AI) has been on the horizon for some time. The first AI-powered solutions for dentistry hit the market during the past several years, but expect to see the best to arrive within the next 10 years.
- The new decade's dental practice could look like this
Alon Ganon, a futurist known for IT consulting, offers his view of what innovations may be coming to dental practices in the future.
- COVID-19, protests, holistic dentistry, and technology: Exploring the recent world of Dr. Nammy Patel
Dr. Nammy Patel, who has a dental practice in the Union Square area of downtown San Francisco, discusses how COVID-19 and protests in the city's business district spurred by the death of George Floyd affected her office.
Copyright © 2020 DrBicuspid.com