Winners included the following:
- Category 1 -- Clinical Science and Public Health:
- First place: Patrick Donnelly of the University of Pittsburgh for research on how acellular hydrogel regenerates vascularized tissue in root canal therapy.
- Second place: Kathryn Teruya of the University of Missouri-Kansas City for her research on changes in dental student empathy during training.
- Third place: Taylor Robertson of the University of Detroit Mercy for her research on spectral analysis of one-shade nanofilled resin composites under different lights.
- Category 2 -- Basic and Translational Science:
- First place: Tanner Godfrey of the University of Alabama at Birmingham for his research on how BAF45A mediated chromatin landscaping controls bone formation.
- Second place (tie): Blake La Tendresse of Creighton University for his research on testing immunogenic peptides against Candida albicans.
- Second place (tie): Eric Mullins of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas for his research on comparative expression of exosome-derived dental pulp stem cell (DPSC) microRNAs.
- Third place: Madison Aungst of the University of Colorado for her research on a flow cytometer protocol for quantifying microbes in dental waterlines.
The SCADA Board of Directors also presented several other awards, including the Henry M. Thornton SCADA Fellowship Award to Dr. Nisarg Patel and Dr. Lauren Katz and the Burton G. Borgelt/SCADA Faculty Advisor Award to Dr. Pandu Gangula.
Copyright © 2020 DrBicuspid.com