Calif. girl dies after allergic reaction to toothpaste

By DrBicuspid Staff

April 18, 2019 -- An 11-year-old California girl had an anaphylactic reaction to milk protein from a prescription toothpaste, according to a published report in Allergic Living. She died on April 4 after being transported to a hospital for treatment.

She was prescribed the MI Paste One toothpaste (GC America) by her dentist to strengthen her tooth enamel, according to the published report. The manufacturer has included a warning that the toothpaste contains the ingredient Recaldent and milk protein on the front of the tube and cautionary wording on the back, the article noted.

At press time, the manufacturer had not responded to a request for comment.

Copyright © 2019
Member Sign In:
MemberID or email address:  
Do you have a password?
No, I want a free membership.
Yes, I have a password:  
Forgot your password?
Sign in using your social networking account:
Sign in using your social networking