The invitation is part of the institute's budget planning process for 2021. Potential initiatives being considered for funding include the following:
- Developing an NIDCR predoctoral to postdoctoral transition award
- Engaging dental health professionals to end the HIV epidemic
- Reissuance of the Administrative Supplement for Collaborative Science (ASCS)
- Defining mechanisms of disease recurrence in dental, oral, and craniofacial tissues
- Institutional research training for a dental, oral, and craniofacial research workforce
- Defining lineage plasticity and endogenous regeneration capacity of dental, oral, and craniofacial tissues
- Accelerating discovery and characterization of genetic variants underlying dental, oral, and craniofacial diseases and conditions
"NIDCR begins the initiative development process each year by identifying broad research topic areas, or themes," the institute said in a statement. "We then develop a specific initiative proposal for each theme, taking into consideration the input received. Please note that initiatives are not a complete picture of the institute's planned research portfolio for the year indicated, nor do they signal that themes highlighted the previous year have been abandoned."
Comments are due by November 15 and can be submitted on the NIDCR website.
Copyright © 2019 DrBicuspid.com