DentalPlans.com, which is part of Henry Schein One, offers the following tips for making trips to the dentist less stressful for children and their caretakers:
- Schedule frequent visits, which lessens the likelihood that children will need more treatment for more significant dental issues.
- Avoid setting up appointments at challenging times, including naptimes and mealtimes.
- Allow children to bring comforting items such as special toys.
- Discuss any special accommodations needed, such as for sensory processing issues or strong gag reflex conditions, with dental staff prior to visits.
- Learn practices' infection control protocols, such as only allowing one caregiver to be present with a child during treatment, and then talk to kids about what to expect.
- Let kids learn from their caretakers' examples by visiting the dentist regularly and taking care of their teeth.
Copyright © 2022 DrBicuspid.com