The ADA has begun accepting nominations for its annual Golden Apple Awards, which recognize dental society leaders, members, and staff who have contributed to the success of their oral health-related programs and activities.
The program, now in its 25th year, offers opportunities for dental societies to showcase programs and activities produced between June 1, 2012, and May 31, 2013. Entries can be submitted electronically between May 1 and June 3.
State and local dental societies can submit entries in any (or all) of these categories:
- Legislative Achievement
- Excellence in Membership Recruitment and Retention Activity
- Excellence in Dental Health Promotion to the Public
- Excellence in Member-Related Services/Benefits
- Outstanding Achievement in the Promotion of Dental Ethics
- Achievement in Dental School/Student Involvement in Organized Dentistry
- Excellence in Science Fair Program Support and Promotion
- Excellence in Dentist Well-Being Activities
- Open Category: Innovative and successful programs that do not fit into any other existing Golden Apple Awards Program categories
- Excellence in Access to Dental Care Programs
- The Green Apple: Excellence in Environmentally Sustainable Programs and Education
- Outstanding Achievement in the Promotion of Diversity and Inclusion
Winners will be notified by September 9; application forms are available by clicking here.