The Southern Illinois University (SIU) Board of Trustees has awarded more than $6 million in construction contracts for a new laboratory being built at the SIU School of Dental Medicine in Alton.
Here are the five local vendors who won contracts for this project:
- Poettker Construction, general work, $4 million
- Camp Electric & Heating, electrical work, $696,310
- Amsco Mechanical, heating work, $387,000
- France Mechanical, plumbing ($585,700) and ventilation ($297,000)
- Boyer Fire Protection, fire protection system, $58,340
The board approved a $9.5 million budget for the dental school project in December 2011, according to a story in the St. Louis Business Journal.
The project is being funded by a $4.1 million grant from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, university funds, donated funds, and equipment use fees.