Man loses teeth after electronic cigarette misfires

A Florida man lost some of his teeth and part of his tongue when an electronic cigarette exploded in his mouth, according to a news story by the Associated Press (AP).

The accident is being blamed on a faulty battery in the cigarette.

"The best analogy is like it was trying to hold a bottle rocket in your mouth when it went off," said Joseph Parker, division chief for the North Bay Fire Department, in the story.

Although the man has not been officially identified, the AP story said he was 57-year-old Tom Holloway of Niceville.

The brand of the cigarettes remains unknown. Thomas Kiklas, co-founder of the Tobacco Vapor Electronic Cigarette Association, told the AP that the industry knows of no problems with the cigarettes or batteries exploding.

Page 1 of 116
Next Page