Fla. boy dies during restorative procedure

Authorities are investigating the death of a 5-year-old Florida boy who went to the dentist April 22 to have four fillings and eight crowns placed, according to a story in the Gainesville Sun.

Dylan Shane Stewart died after being sedated with chloral hydrate during an appointment with Ronnie Grundset, D.D.S., a "longtime Gainesville-area pediatric dentist," according to the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.

While toxicology reports should be available in six to eight weeks, officials told the Sun the final autopsy report could take several months.

Dr. Grundset's staff said she was unavailable for comment and that they did not know when she would resume her practice, according to the Sun.

Copyright © 2010 DrBicuspid.com

Page 1 of 223
Next Page