Fla. 5-year-old's sedation death ruled an accident

The 2010 death of a 5-year-old Florida boy who was sedated prior to having dental work done has been ruled an accident.

On April 22, 2010, Dylan Shane Stewart went to the office of Ronnie Grundset, DDS, a longtime Gainesville-area pediatric dentist, to have four fillings and eight crowns placed, according to the Alachua County Sheriff's Office. After being sedated with chloral hydrate he went into cardiac arrest and died a short time later, according to a story in the Gainesville Sun.

The sheriff's office released a report this week stating that no criminal charges will be filed, according the Sun.

Page 1 of 223
Next Page