Midmark and Bien-Air Dental have formed a strategic partnership to integrate Bien-Air's latest electric handpiece devices into Midmark's dental delivery equipment.
Under the agreement, Midmark's leading Procenter and Elevance delivery units will be integrated with Bien-Air's newest micromotor and contra-angle handpieces. The combined technology will offer an operatory-ready product designed to achieve the following aims:
- Simplify workflow with the versatility of the newest micromotor and two new contra-angle handpieces to perform a broad range of clinical procedures
- Provide proper ergonomic balance, lighter weight, and a smaller size for less strain on the clinician's hand, arm, and shoulder
- Enable access to the oral cavity with smaller handpiece heads for a better workflow and patient experience
- Reduce the risk of patient burn with CoolTouch+, a heat-arresting system designed not to exceed human body temperature
- Reduce cross-contamination with an autoclavable antiretraction valve
In addition, as part of the partnership, Midmark is offering Bien-Air's Lubricare 2 handpiece care and maintenance system for automatically cleaning and lubricating handpieces. This maintenance system integrates into the instrument processing workflow and is compatible with handpieces from a variety of manufacturers, Midmark said.