Approximately 40 dentistry and dental hygiene students attending nine colleges and universities will receive $270,000 in scholarship assistance for the 2023-2024 academic school year from United Concordia Dental and the United Concordia Dental Charitable Fund.
The award is a reflection of the company’s goal of making dental education more accessible for students and to increase diversity in the oral health workforce, according to Concordia Dental, which announced the scholarships in a news release.
The following educational institutions will benefit from funds:
- The Community College of Denver dental hygiene program
- The Community College of Philadelphia dental hygiene program
- Houston Community College’s dental hygiene program
- Howard University’s College of Dentistry
- Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry
- The University of New Mexico dental hygiene program
- The University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
- The Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio School of Dentistry