The ADA has published a new FAQ sheet for owner dentists on their responsibilities and obligations regarding COVID-19 vaccination for staff members.
Available on the ADA's website, the FAQ sheet includes nine questions and answers:
- Can I as a healthcare employer require my employees to get COVID-19 vaccines?
- What kind of disability-/pregnancy-related accommodations should my practice consider in evaluating whether a reasonable accommodation is possible?
- What kind of religious accommodations must I consider?
- If I require staff members to be vaccinated, what proof can I request them to provide?
- What should I do if a staff member refuses to be vaccinated?
- If I require my staff to be vaccinated, must I pay for the vaccine and/or provide paid time off for them to receive the shot(s) (or pay for time off in the case of side effects)?
- What if I require a vaccination and a staff member suffers an adverse reaction?
- May staff members who have been vaccinated refuse to wear a mask and socially distance?
- Can I tell patients if my staff members are vaccinated?