The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry's (AAPD) 2011-2012 AAPD Coding and Insurance Manual, is now available for purchase, the AAPD announced.
A comprehensive resource for pediatric and general dentists when reporting pediatric dental care services, this new, improved and updated second edition serves as a go-to-guide for effectively reporting procedure codes when filing dental and medical insurance claims.
The new edition includes:
- A listing of all new and revised CDT codes, effective January 1, 2011
- Instructions for the current ADA and CMS 1500 Claim Forms
- CDT dental codes cross-linked with CPT medical and ICD-9 diagnostic codes
- Medical procedure and diagnostic codes relevant to pediatric dentistry
- Answers to common coding questions
- Vignettes and coding suggestions for pediatric dental scenarios
- Contact information for insurance carriers, Medicaid Directors and State Insurance Commissioners
- An updated glossary of dental and insurance terminology
"This is the claim submission and coding manual that belongs in the office of every pediatric dentist and general dentist who treats children," said Paul Reggiardo, D.D.S., chairman of the AAPD Council on Dental Benefit Programs, in a release. "It is specific for pediatric dental procedures and treatment scenarios encountered in children from infancy through adolescence. Especially useful are the cross-coding sets that enable billing staff to convert dental procedures to corresponding medical CPT procedure codes, and ICD-9 diagnostic codes for medical claim processing in the hospital setting or following an accident."
The 2011-2012 AAPD Coding and Insurance Manual is available to members for $49.99 and non-members for $75.00.
Copyright © 2010 DrBicuspid.com