The Academy of General Dentistry Foundation, the philanthropic partner of the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), recently awarded $40,000 in grants to nine charitable organizations for their work with local access-to-care programs.
The following organization received grants through the 2012 AGD Foundation Grant Program:
- Desert Friends of the Developmentally Disabled, Rancho Mirage, CA
- Families First Health and Support Center, Portsmouth, NH
- OAR Foundation, Clemmons, NC
- Central Oklahoma American Indian Health Council, Oklahoma City, OK
- Riverside Health Clinic, Three Rivers, MI
- RiverStone Health, Billings, MT
- Southeast Texas Hands for God Ministry, Beaumont, TX
- Special Olympics, Washington, DC
- Sullivan County Dental Clinic, Laporte, PA
Through individual and corporate donations, the AGD Foundation is able to help support access-to-care programs that give back to local communities. Most recently, the AGD and AGD Foundation hosted the third annual outreach project, Nation of Smile, One Smile at a Time, during the AGD 2012 annual meeting, providing nearly $150,000 of free dental care to 325 underserved Philadelphia residents.
AGD constituents and nonprofit organizations are encouraged to apply now for the 2013 AGD Foundation Grant Program. The deadline to submit an application is October 31, 2012. For details, visit www.agd.org/agdf/grants/smile.asp.
To donate to the AGD Foundation, visit www.agd.org/agdf/contribution/contributionform.asp.