Healthy Smiles, Healthy Children (HSHC), the foundation of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD), on May 28 awarded five grants to organizations that supported local service initiatives and provided oral healthcare to children who were having trouble getting dental care.
TheAccess to Care Grants, for up to $20,000 each, were awarded during AAPD's annual meeting in Chicago.
The grants were awarded to the following organizations:
- Dental Foundation of Oregon's Tooth Taxi Mobile Dental Clinic
- Geisinger Health System's Every Smile Counts program (Pennsylvania)
- Indiana Dental Association's Born to Smile program
- Nisonger Center Johnstown Road Dental Program (Ohio)
- Pediatric Dental Initiative of the North Coast (PDI) Surgery Center (California)
HSHC received 65 applications for its five 2010 Access to Care Grants. The grants will be used to help awardees expand their reach within the community, including funding tools and instruments, patient and parent education materials, take-home supplies such as toothbrushes and toothpaste, and outreach efforts to recruit dentists to participate in program activities.
Copyright © 2010 DrBicuspid.com