The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) is inviting nominations for individuals to serve on the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF).
The USPSTF is an independent group of experts that makes evidence-based recommendations about the effectiveness of clinical preventive services and health promotion.
Qualified nominees must have demonstrated expertise in the following areas:
- Critical evaluation of peer-reviewed research
- Clinical prevention, health promotion, and primary healthcare
- Implementation of evidence-based recommendations in clinical practice
In addition, expertise in the following areas also is desirable:
- Behavioral medicine
- Public health
- Health equity and reducing health disparities
- Application of science to health policy
- Communicating scientific findings to multiple audiences, including healthcare professionals, policymakers, and the general public
Nominations are due by May 15. More information is available in the Federal Register notice and on AHRQ's website.