Henry Schein has announced the nine finalists for the Henry Schein Cares Medal, an award that will be given annually to organizations that expand access to care for the underserved.
The organizations were selected from three categories: oral health, animal health, and medical health.
The finalists in oral health include the following:
- Apple Tree Dental of Coon Rapids, MN
- Diocesan Council for the Society of St. Vincent de Paul Diocese in Phoenix
- San Diego Dental Health Foundation
In medical health, the finalists include the following:
- Buddhist Tzu Chi Medical Foundation of Alhambra, CA
- Hands Up for Haiti of Mount Kisco, NY
- Smile Rescue Fund for Kids of Setauket, NY
The nine finalists will each receive $10,000 worth of products from Henry Schein. Each of the three medalists will receive an additional $15,000 in cash from the Henry Schein Cares Foundation to support their charitable work. Winners will be announced later this year.
The 2016 application period will be announced later this year. More information is available on the Henry Schein Cares Foundation's website.