Building cosmetic dentistry in a tough economy
Every patient is a candidate for cosmetic dentistry. Even in today's economy, people will continue to pay for the services that make them feel better about themselves, especially cosmetic dentistry.
Market cosmetic procedures. Your practice has the potential to increase cosmetic treatment. Here are some effective ways to start:
- Hang signs in high-traffic locations (reception area, front desk, and clinical rooms) that promote your cosmetic services.
- Create brochures and fact sheets to educate patients about your cosmetic procedures.
- Post frequently asked questions (FAQs) and other information on your website about your cosmetic procedures.
- Develop staff scripts so all interactions with patients mention cosmetic treatments in a friendly, informative manner.
- Make sure you and your staff have beautiful smiles.
Don't neglect the role of the hygiene department. Train your hygienists with proper scripting to educate patients on cosmetic options. Once you reach chairside, you can then suggest a cosmetic treatment without bombarding the patient with information. Remember, be caring and helpful, not obtrusive or forceful. Through this method, many patients will accept treatment while still in the chair.