Dental service organization (DSO) Pacific Dental Services (PDS) is collaborating with the American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA) to feature the latest preventive care dental technology at the ADHA’s annual conference, which takes place July 7-9 in Chicago.
At the conference, the Future of Oral Healthcare Pavilion will feature hands-on demonstrations and interactive presentations on predictive and preventive technologies that allow for earlier intervention of oral-systemic diseases, according to a press release from PDS.
The companies and organizations participating in the pavilion include:
- OralDNA Labs, which provides advanced salivary diagnostic tests that identify oral pathogens and genetic precursors related to periodontal disease and associated systemic conditions.
- Siemens, which will demonstrate its DCA Vantage Analyzer HbA1c Reagent Kit, which enables in-office access to lab-accurate glycemic screenings.
- Ultradent, whose Gemini laser uses thermal light energy to mitigate the adverse effects of disease-causing bacteria and promotes earlier wound healing.
- Dentognostics, which will feature its Oralyzer chairside biomarker screening that detects periodontal tissue breakdown before the signs of inflammation or attachment loss are clinically visible.
- OraPharma, which will present Arestin, a locally administered antibiotic designed to target specific periodontal bacteria.
- Epic, whose health record system is used by hospitals and health systems, including PDS-supported dental and primary healthcare practices.
- The American Academy of Periodontology, which will present “Better Together: The Evolving Role of the Dental Hygienist in Periodontal Care.”
To learn more, visit the ADHA23 website.