Carestream Health earned 66 new patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in 2014 for innovations in radiology imaging, healthcare IT, dental imaging, and other areas.
The patents include the following, according to the company:
- Image capture technologies related to the development of cone-beam CT systems designed for orthopedic extremity imaging
- Enhancements to Carestream's portfolio of healthcare IT systems that manage, store, and share patient data and medical imaging exams
- Technological advances in the company's portfolio of radiology systems that can enhance medical image quality for a variety of healthcare providers
- New technology and features for dental imaging, dental image processing, and software and dental restoration systems
- Continued developments in Carestream imagers and media that provide affordable printing of digital x-ray exams onto medical film and paper
Carestream also received 34 patents in European and Asian countries last year.