Benco Dental's eighth annual Lucy Hobbs Project Awards will recognize six women who are considered "inspiring and progressive visionaries whose powerful voices are at the helm of our profession," the company stated in a press release.
The awards are named after Dr. Lucy Hobbs Taylor, the first U.S. woman to earn a degree in dentistry.
Dentists, dental assistants, hygienists, office managers, receptionists, and other dental personnel can be nominated for the following awards:
- Woman to Watch: An up-and-coming leader who utilizes her position to create positive change in the industry
- Industry Icon: A trailblazer who is consistently recognized and admired for her work in the dental industry
- Mentor: An adviser who recognizes the importance of supporting, educating, and encouraging others
- Innovator: A groundbreaker who demonstrates a willingness to implement new technologies and business processes without fear or potential failure
- Humanitarian: An altruist who works tirelessly for charity or cause that benefits the well-being of others
- Clinical Expert: A skillful practitioner who embraces advancements and adeptly integrates them into patient care
The deadline for submitting nominations is August 3, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern time)