The U.S. National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) is seeking input on five proposed research initiatives that were presented at the National Advisory Dental and Craniofacial Research Council meeting in May.
The initiatives include the following:
- Conducting dental practice-based research in dental schools to provide clinical research experience and educational opportunities
- NIDCR Dentist Scientist Career Transition Award for intramural investigators
- NIDCR Dual Degree Dentist Scientist Pathway to Independence Award
- NIDCR Mentored Career Development Award to promote diversity in the dental, oral, and craniofacial research workforce
- Transformative approaches to developing a dentist-scientist clinical research workforce
The institute is inviting comments on these initiatives through August 31.